We provide client-specific curriculum to fit our clients’ audiences. We have worked with low and moderate-income individuals for goal related savings programs to prepare for homeownership, starting a business, retirement, and post-secondary education.
HomeSafe is a program designed to provide information for homeowners. In the HomeSafe class, you will learn
- How to how to address maintenance and repair issues in your home
- How to prepare for updating your home
- How to keep your home safe from fire and theft
- How to maintain your finances as a homeowner
- How to make sure you and your home are adequately covered by insurance
- How to address landlord issues
- How to be an effective condominium owner.
This one-day Saturday class has the following benefits
- Discounts on homeowner insurance premiums*
- Fulfills Post Purchase education requirement
- Gives you a forum to share experiences with other new homeowners.
- Free membership to Mass Energy Consumer’s Alliance (www.Massenergy.org)
- Course materials are included in the price.
This program is supported by the Massachusetts Housing Partnership.
Click here to find out more about HomeSafe.
Framework is an online first-time homebuyer program accepted throughout Massachusetts for first time homebuyer education. The certificate earned upon successful completion of the online program and individual counseling session can be used to satisfy the education requirements for Masshousing mortgages, One Mortgage, affordable homeownership lotteries, down payment/closing cost assistance, and bank first time homebuyer products.
Access to the program is available 24/7 so that you can start when want and take as long as you want. Our counseling sessions are held online using Go To Meeting online meeting software. You can access your session by computer, smartphone or tablet.
Click here to find out more about Framework.
Homebuying 101 Classes
Homebuying 101 is a free 8-hour class (two four-hour sessions or four 2-hour sessions) that educates participants on the home purchase process in Massachusetts. Information includes special programs for financial assistance in buying and repairing a home, specialty mortgage products, the process in getting a mortgage, finding a home, and determining if the home is right is for you. We also discuss the purchase process and sustainable homeownership issues. The certificate earned upon successful completion of the class can be used to satisfy the education requirements for Masshousing mortgages, One Mortgage, affordable homeownership lotteries, down payment/closing cost assistance, and bank first time homebuyer products.
Click here to find out more about Homebuying 101.
The Fannie Mae Landlord Class is accepted by MassHousing for Landlord education. The certificate is earned upon successful completion of reading the course materials, completing the final exam and individual counseling session.
Click here to find out more about the Landlord Class.